.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Friday, April 08, 2011

A visit to Lex Communis

http://peterseanesq.blogspot.com/ is a place I haven't visited in a while. I can only say the pleasure was all mine in a recent visit. Few things ring the lame meter louder than posting directly from another blog -- clang, clang, clang... Anyway I found gems like this:
"Roger Simon reports on a talk given by Victor Davis Hanson on the dysfunctions of California: Victor counted the ways: We had the highest paid teachers in the country but one of the worst public educational systems. We spent more on prison inmates than we did on students K-12. 40% of the country’s illegal aliens (5-7 million people) lived in our state, stressing our social programs to the limit while sending billions home to their countries of origin, lost to our economy forever. What was once the world’s premiere highway system has gone rotting while billions are spent on high-speed railroads no one wants or needs. California was near bankrupt. Fiscal and moral insolvency were everywhere. We destroyed ourselves in a “therapeutic society,” which cared more for the delta smelt than it did for the survival of its own people — or their employment."

and: I also learned about the Dunning-Kruger effect which confirms my suspicion that I am not an expert at anything.

Although I would argue that I at least recognized the fact and that puts me ahead of many "experts."

Comments:
Your awareness that you are an not an expert means that you probably are an expert.

Thanks for the kind words.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?