.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Wednesday, March 04, 2009

Vomit in Print

I got all excited about a new legal thriller, Turow's Laws of Our Fathers. I found it neither legal nor thrilling. I have to admit that I only got about 150 pages into the 500 plus page munster cheese log before I was forced to make a judgment. I kept thinking that it would get better; it finally did get, but the getting was distinctly not better: No court room excitment and investigation; too much acid reflux reflection on the characters in the late 60's and early 70's; too much vulgarity and profanity. My determination: Vomit in print. No redeeming features. A must not read under any circumstances.

On the law and order front, only one traffic court defendant decided he wanted his trial. He got one, immediately preceding a guilty verdict. Meanwhile back at the juvenile ranch, a bad boy faced up to his crime and the big issue is how to get him treatment and whether that will have to be through detention or private treatment. Finally, over at the misdemeanor probation salon, a pie chart of my discussion with the misdemeanor probation officer, broken down by subject, would show the majority of our time spent in the discussion cattle markets, and only a fraction on issues of probation -- a fringe benefit of this rural practice; and I like it like that.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?