.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Tuesday, June 07, 2005

Way Off Bass

Way Off Bass: Takes the best gems of a long article that exceeded my attention span, and makes his own observations that reminded me of a similar experience in law school: "That is, when I started here, the louder folks just assumed I was one of them, fully aware of the inherent evil and stupidity of all things Conservative, a hater of the Bush theocratic hegemony, etc, and so I heard lots and lots of anti-Bush remarks.

I tried to keep my opinions to myself, of course, in the interest of harmony (because I really am rather pacifistic, much preferring to get along than not), but it always happens that maybe I don't laugh at the right jokes and eventually folks figure out that I'm a damned conservative after all and suddenly - and with no small sense of both relief and even greater amusement on my part - not a single political word is every uttered directly towards me. (What would be the point, since I'm stupid enough to be conservative?)

I'm no longer one of them, you see. "


One classmate declared me to be "dangerous" when he found that I did not agree with the views that he and another friend had been bouncing across the table for weeks. It was okay when I was thought to part of the good-think crowd -- I became dangerous, as if I had morphed into Vader in that instant.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?