.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Thursday, March 03, 2005

This doesn't suck

My wife reported that the vacuum had made a bad sound after she had put a new belt on it, and it continued to make bad sounds and although the brush worked, there was no suction. I told her I would look at it the next day. She reminded me every five minutes of my promise to look at the machine. After untold years of marriage she has a sense for when I'm trying to avoid things -- although perhaps it's not much of a sense because I always trying to avoid the tasks she asks me to do. Turns out it was an easy job -- but not fixable by me. The propellor, a disk with flanges on one side that spins and creates the suction had broken into three pieces. Also, the housing on the electric motor was broken out where the screws held it together. A new prop would have probably sufficed -- but no place in the area has one. I suppose we could have looked for a similar model at a yard sale and then bought it for the part -- but the yard sale season is still months away. I think she's out getting a new vacuum today.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?